Receptionist/Social Media Coordinator Needed
TITLE: Receptionist/Social Media Coordinator
TYPE: Full Time
EDUCATION: BS/BA preferred at minimum
The Office Manager reports directly to the President and is responsible for the day to day operations of the chamber office. Develops information systems, oversees membership services, manages events and membership products. Must have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to manage a multi-tasking environment. Must be customer oriented. Ability to design and produce written products a must. Must have strong computer experience and social media skills including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram as well as knowledge of various computer programs including desktop publishing, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, at a minimum and other programs as necessary. Able to adapt to new technology and program support.
Is responsible and accountable for the Chamber’s day to day operations:
answer phones calls into the Chamber office on the first ring and refer to appropriate contact if unable to handle request. Greet visitors that come to the Chamber.
– Coordinate annual Chamber-sponsored events including Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast, I Love America Summer Celebration Series, Viva Vestavia and others that may be developed.
Official Web Site
– Coordinate and develop user friendly information and update as necessary, adding new features, links, and Vestavia Hills related information to make it a comprehensive and useable communication tool for the benefit of the Chamber, city and public inquiries.
Monthly events –
- Facebook – maintain the Chamber’s Facebook page including posting of events.
- Twitter – develop and maintain a Twitter account with tweets in a timely fashion of current events, merchant offerings and relevant topics,
- Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn – develop and maintain with current information on members and chamber offerings
Coordinate Press releases, ribbon cuttings, Partners in Education with each school and other events as they arise
Membership Maintenance, Process and database
– Assists in maintaining a proprietary database, verifies and develops personal contact strategy. Maintains Membership Manager, utilizes functions, updates database information, and manages hard files and computer files for all events, programs and members.
Chamber materials and resources
– Coordinates, designs and updates all informational resources that reflect a professional image and recognition, providing information in all necessary areas as to communicate programs, events, and general informational packets, keeping them updated and reliable for all uses. Negotiate the printing and overall inventory of printed materials and supplies, either in-house or utilizing a bidding procedure for costly products.
1975 Merryvale Road
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216