Title Credit Officer I
Department: Credit Administration/Lending
Reports to: SVP – Senior Loan Administrator
Job summary: Responsible for the efficient and effective operations of the Credit Administration function and implementing and maintaining procedures to ensure that financial statements are updated properly, as well as to ensure that annual loan reviews are maintained and performed in a timely manner. For an assigned portfolio, responsible for conducting underwriting and preparation of loan approval packages for production/renewal credit opportunities timely and in accordance with loan policy and procedure. Also responsible for ensuring that tracking, monitoring and reporting systems and procedures are in place to assist management in identifying the Bank’s exposure.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Under moderate guidance from Senior Loan Administrator, conducts the bank’s primary underwriting summary and financial analysis for loans of limited to advanced complexity. Independently prepares memos, financial spreads, LAFs, etc. in accordance to Bank Credit Policy and Procedures for an assigned portfolio.
- Maintain a schedule and performs annual internal loan reviews outlined by the Bank’s Loan Policy on qualified loan relationships by making recommendations to the appropriate committee on the quality of the credit relationship and proposes the updated risk grade.
- Works closely with Senior Loan Administrator and assigned Loan Officers to manage portfolio demands for maturing loans and serves as primary point of contact behind loan officers for credit information and status of loans for assigned Portfolio. Works closely with Loan Officers to monitor and update management on the status of classified and non-Accrual Loans and performing quarterly reviews of these credits making recommendations to the appropriate committee on the proper risk rating.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret documents produced by the data processing system, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Possesses ability to write routine reports and correspondence independently with moderate guidance. Also shows reasonable ability to speak effectively before groups of managers, employees, or directors of the Bank.
- Other job duties as assigned or requested by Management.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with prescribed policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
Supervisory Requirements: None
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification and may not be all-inclusive. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Job descriptions may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
1360 Montgomery Highway
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216